Saturday, August 15, 2009

Module 4 – Organising search information task

Choose the best three sources found in the previous task. Using whatever software or tool you think appropriate, record the following information about those sites:
· URL.
· author,
· institution,
· blurb/ summary / screen shot

LOG ENTRY:
Record this information in your learning log, and also detail how you saved this information, what software you used and why. (Allen et al. n.d.)


URL 1:
http://www.imdb.com/
Author: IMDb (The Internet Movie Database)
Institute: IMDb.com.Inc
Blurb/Summary/Screenshot: This web site is the most popular movie database according to the search engine. It gives you all the information about the movies such as the directors, writers, release date, plot, casting, posters etc. You also can buy DVD, read the latest news of movies and go to official sites and watch the trailers.



URL 2: http://www.allmovie.com/
Author: Macrovision Corporation
Institute: Macrovision Corporation
Blurb/Summary/Screenshot: This web site is quite the same as the IMDb website, but it give you more choice like you can link to music and game. So you can search all types of movie, music and game from this site.



URL 3: http://www.dianying.com/en/
Author: Chinese Movie Database
Institute: Chinese Movie Database
Blurb/Summary/Screenshot: This is Chinese movie database web site; it provided all the Chinese movies information mainly from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and some other Asia country. You can get the latest DVD from the site, check out the movie awards, news of the latest movies and etc.


I have decided to use word document to save all my information, the reason is convenience for me. I put all the information into my USB and I can bring it to anywhere and I can do it anytime I want. Actually I did this for all my tasks, I type in all the information into word document and saved it accordingly to the module and task, so it is organised and easy for me to refer with. I do the same for the entire screen shot as well, whenever I look for the document file the screen shot will next to it. When I finish the task I just have to copy and paste into blog instead of typing in straight from blog, which I find it quite difficult for me to read sometimes.

You may think why not use software or tool to do the job for you? I did and I have all the information on my laptop, too bad I do not carry my laptop around because I don’t think is convenience and it actually quite heavy too. I also pdf all the module and articles I have read from module and save it into module folder, so I can bring it around with me and I can read it wherever I want.


Reference
Allen, M., et al. (n.d.). Module 4: Using the infosphere: taking & organising. Curtin University of Technology. Retrieved August 11, 2009, from
http://lms.curtin.edu.au/webapps/blackboard/content/listContent.jsp?course_id=_18825_1&content_id=_985243_1

No comments:

Post a Comment