Saturday, June 13, 2009

Module 1 - FTP

LOG ENTRY:
Record your outcome and reflections of your experiences and thoughts on this task in your learning log (Allen et al. n.d.)


The answer is CAPITALIZATION MATTERS!





Finally manage to completed this task without having to much of trouble. The program is quite a user friendly, even like the first time learner also can do it. What I did is just follow the instruction will do.

I used FTP before to upload quite a large files to the printer (but I have no idea what is FTP then). it usually took a quite same time to transfer the files. It is about a minute for 1 MB (I count it myself), I am not sure it is my company's internet slow or any other reason.

FTP look like very convenience to transfer the file/s to anywhere of the world, but I just not sure how fast can it be. Me and my colleague have an experienced before by sending some files to the printer at the same time and it is very slow, it look like both of our files are fighting to get through, because of the dateline I have to stop and let my colleague send first.


Reference
Allen, M., et al. (n.d.). Module 1 introduction to Internet Communications. Curtin University of Technology. Retrieved June 13, 2009, from http://lms.curtin.edu.au/webapps/blackboard/content/listContent.jsp?course_id=_18825_1&content_id=_985240_1

No comments:

Post a Comment