Thursday, July 23, 2009

Module 3 - HTML tags

LOG ENTRY:
Once you have completed the lessons, you should have a page with all the basic elements needed in a web page - save it as 'index.html', open it in your browser and take a screenshot and post it in your blog. (Allen et al. n.d.)
This is my first web page : ). So far Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox are works fine for the web page I have created.

Safari

Internet Explorer

FireFox

HTML Tags


LOG ENTRY:
Record any difficulties you encountered with these exercises. Record your thoughts about html - do you feel a sense of achievement? What are the differences between html and blogging? what do you like best? (Allen et al. n.d.)

I am so proud of myself because I finally did a web page : ). Although it is just the simple one but it is fun and definitely a learning experience to me by using all the html tags. I am absolutely enjoyed all the exercises, it took me quite some time to understand most of them, but it worth every seconds that I spend on them. It is really amazing how easy to create a website, I mean not the prefect one but just the simple one like this task you will be happy. If you understand the html tags it would definitely be helpful if you are having problems when you writing it.

There are quite differences in between html and blogging. To me blog is usually for personal use, I never use blog before until I study this course, and this is my first one and actually is not too bad. Blogging is very strict forward compare to html. What you have to do is registered one for yourself, set up the template or design you want, then posting your message and share with people and get comment from other people to discuss.

I personally prefer html because after learning all the tags from Joe Barta’s lessons I feel like it is actually not so difficult like rocket sciences, as long as you willing to take some times to read and understand it. Actually it is very interesting and fun to create a website especially a newbie like me, the most important is you have to practice and play around with it; this is for the beginner only you wouldn’t be creating the expert or professional one but a simple web page design like this is good enough, at least you have done this before.

I have tried to use Text Edit, Text Wrangler (Mac) and Notepad (PC) to do the lessons, the problem is when I copy the tags I created from Text Edit or Text Wrangle to Notepad all the texts mass up like this.


Therefore I stick to Text Wrangler to do all the lessons.


I don’t fully understand all the tags but most of them are quite easy to remember like open < > and close< / > is a must, if you miss it you won’t be get what you want. Others simple tags like html, head, title, b, i, u, font etc. you will be remember, but others like < src="chef.gif" width="300" height="101">, < align="center">< src="red_dot.gif" width="500" height="2">, < width="60%" size="15"> etc. you may take some time to remember them. The easy way for me to remember is I take note and whenever I need it I just look for it, it is quick and easy for me. (Barta n.d)

I don’t really have much trouble when I create the web page because I follow the instructions very carefully and take time to read it. But I do have some minor problem which is I miss some tags when I do the lessons, luckily I checked very often so I know what went wrong and what did I miss. The other problem is < align="right"> it is suppose to be on the right hand side but it appear on left hand side??? I do not know what happen, I close the file and open it again it is still the same; it took me quite some time to figure it out. At the end I restart the computer and retype again and is back to normal. : )


Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment